IEROTHEOS II (1847-1858)
In 1847 he established and inaugurated in 1856 the beautiful Church of the Annunciation of the Theotokos in Alexandria . He also founded the Hellenic Girls’ School in the city. He took care of the spiritual development of the clergy. He participated in various Synods for the solution of ecclesiastical issues among which was the Synod of Constantinople in 1850 which granted canonical autocephaly to the Church of Greece .