On 16th January 2008, His Beatitude Theodoros II, Pope and Patriarch of Alexandria and All Africa, received in the Patriarchal See, the following:
· Messrs Koutsodimitris and Grigorakis of the Technical Services of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Greece, who payed a courtesy visit to the ancient Patriarchate
· The Manager and officials of the National Bank of Egypt
· Two people from the University of Helsinki in Finland who do restoration on works of art who joined the group of Finish scholars who are restoring historical holy icons and other valuable objects of ecclesiastical art of the Patriarchate, in order that they may be stored in the new sacristy of the Patriarchate, which is currently being built
· Reverend Father Savvas Himonettos, Dean, and the teaching staff of the Patriarchal School of Alexandria, “Athanasios the Great”, with whom he discussed issues regarding the smooth running of the School.
· His Beatitude also granted an interview on this same day to a group of journalists from the Greek Television Station under Mr Vasilios Katerinopoulos, regarding a work dedicated to the historical route of the Great City of Alexandria, which will be screened at European and International Festivals.